mm

About Steve Raschke

Steve Raschke is the CEO and Founder of CANDI, and has over two decades of experience leading teams focused on networked data and building control systems. He has authored numerous patents, white papers and industry articles, and holds awards for innovations in control systems and electronics.

An Ideal IoT Environment is Enduring

Ideal IoT environments need to stand the test of time. Innovation will constantly produce new ideas, products and applications. Market forces transform business strategies and companies. Change is unstoppable, and in this fast-moving market it comes quickly. In the dynamic, interdependent ecosystems of the IoT, how do we avoid system-wide collapse when key components Read the Full Story

By | April 12th, 2017|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments

An Ideal IoT Environment is Flexible

I've been dealing with technical standards for 30 years in the integration, controls software and connected devices industries. Standards are important to the evolution of markets. They provide solid design frameworks and credibility for carefully-engineered solutions. But even the most well-formed standards can become corrupted the moment they meet the real world. Later, standards Read the Full Story

By | April 12th, 2017|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments

An Ideal IoT Environment is Open

Our customers ask us to integrate so many different devices and data types that we quickly learned an important lesson: closed systems do not scale. To be Open empowers more contributors, more innovation, and a wider range of options. CANDI welcomes not only players who complement our services, but also those that compete with Read the Full Story

By | April 12th, 2017|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments

Democracy for the Internet of Things: One Standard for All?

To unleash the full potential of the Internet of Things, manufacturers, service providers and software developers need the freedom to each achieve their own vision. By definition, the IoT is a dynamic and diverse universe of devices, protocols and use cases. Does a single standard, protocol or data model benefit the IoT universe? I Read the Full Story

By | April 12th, 2017|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments

CANDI Integrates with Intel Building Management Platform to Provide Edge-to-Cloud IoT Data Access

Memoori Smart Building Research finds that Intel and CANDI are now making the Building Internet of Things (BIOT) accessible to the mid-market.

By | October 20th, 2016|CANDI News|1 Comment

Intel Building Management Platform (BMP) Launches—with CANDI Software Inside

After months of anticipation, the Intel® Building Management Platform (BMP) launched today with CANDI PowerTools software at its heart. This marks a new chapter for the building management market, which has historically focused on only the largest commercial buildings that could justify the high cost of traditional smart building technologies. Today, all that changes. Read the Full Story

By | October 6th, 2016|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments

Big buildings get smart tech ‒ but what about the other 90%?

The largest buildings in the world have had smart building technology for years. It's delivered by market leaders such as Honeywell, JCI, and Schneider. But these buildings comprise barely 10% of the world’s commercial real estate. So what about the other 90%? Until recently, smart building tech that monitors and controls HVAC, lighting, power and Read the Full Story

By | September 21st, 2016|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments

Leveraging Linux for Energy Smarts, Reducing Risk with IoT Standards

Embedded Systems Engineering interviews Steve Raschke on how CANDI works across IoT standards to reduce risk for product designers and software developers. Leap-frogging the IoT standards wars Embedded Systems Engineering, July 26, 2016 - CANDI and Intel are enabling embedded designers of Internet of Things equipment, sensors and switches to avoid the risk of the Read the Full Story

By | July 22nd, 2016|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments

IoT disrupts building controls industry, says CANDI CEO

Ken Sinclair of Automated Buildings interviews CANDI CEO Steve Raschke on how the Internet of Things is challenging the $20 billion building controls industry.

By | July 1st, 2016|CANDI News|0 Comments

Costs, Savings, and ROI for Smart Building Implementation

A fundamental shift is occurring in building controls, driven by a new generation of affordable, powerful Internet of Things (IoT) devices. These networked sensors and controls can be quickly and cost-effectively deployed in commercial buildings and industrial sites to generate large amounts of valuable data for analytics and automation. Building managers benefit from this granular Read the Full Story

By | May 25th, 2016|Smart Building Articles, The Blog|0 Comments